Thursday, December 6, 2007

Exam time is harrowing for most people, but it always seems to be a touch more hectic with a daemon on hand. Probably because they don’t put up with any “Oh, I’ll do it later”s. We always seem to argue the most when it comes to assignments and such, his sensibility warring against my positively appalling tendency to procrastinate until I have no choice but to engage in frenzied working or fail.

Today was fairly bland. I slept in late, because I’m a lazy bum and happen to like sleeping in late. Also my current job often requires me to get up at six-thirty in the morning, so whenever I can catch some extra snooze time, I take it. After realising that, whoopsie-daisy, we’ve gone over our bandwidth limit thereby reducing the internet speed to an agonising crawl, I decided to make pancakes. Because I like pancakes. And to my utter delight, I actually managed to pull off a decent batch. Note for the future however: that recipe needs more sugar.

Then it was off to alternately studying, and mooching on the internet. I’m preparing especially for my history exam, because if I do well on this last thing, I reckon I can get a seven for the subject overall, and I really, really need those higher marks to boost my GPA. Killy naturally started up a lecturing spiel every time my concentration lagged, and I at least managed to organise my notes, and brush up on a bit of ancient Greek, industrial revolution, and Cold War.

After the internet threw a hissy-fit YET AGAIN I gave up in despair for a bit and went downstairs to wash up. Washing up is my particular chore, and I hate it with a passion. If I can somehow dodge it, if only for another day, I will. Drives Mum up the wall. Hence my dear daemon’s astounded stare as I almost willingly trudged to the sink and proceeded to completely drench myself and the floor. I’m a bit dangerous when it comes to household activities.

For some reason, I then decided to play the piano. I stopped taking lessons at the end of last year, after about nine years (and only second grade in exams, shut up I was lazy when it came to practise as well). To my utter devastation, almost a year away from it somehow completely took away my ability to even play a C major scale. However, task memory kicked in after a little bit, and I’ve mostly managed to recall one of my favoured pieces; a slightly advanced version of My Heart Will Go On.

And that was about it! Not the most thrilling of days, but not full of pain and anguish either, so I guess it will pass.

1 comment:

Shellcat said...

Hiya, I know this sounds a little strange..or at least it is for me but can I talk to you in some way? Like Email, Facebook or Skype? I have had my daemon since I 7, about 3 years ago he settled in his form. My daemon has ingratiated into my life so strongly that all my friends and family knows about it however they do not know quite how in depth it is or how personal (only my mother know).
I have felt very much alone with my daemon, not being able to talk to other like minded people.

It would be nice if we could talk, thanks.